Tiki Tiki Hotel Tulum
Let’s face it, Tulum is simply amazing! The Mayas were wise to choose this strategic site to settle, a sacred gift of nature. While in the past, Tulum was just a small off-the-beaten-track fisherman’s village, now it is renowned internationally for its beautiful white-sand beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Located at only a 1h30min drive south of Cancun International Airport, Tulum is the ideal escape destination to disconnect from everything and enjoy paradise.
Besides the wonderful beaches, Tulum also offers extraordinary restaurants, bars, nightlife, but also fashion models, Instagram divas, yoga freaks, ancient Mayan ruins, lots of jungle, and cenote diving. You can see iguanas of all shapes and sizes, butterflies, and soaring birds… Along the beach, from May until October, look for giant sea turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs. Travel a little further and you will see pelicans, dolphins, spider monkeys, and much more.
As an unstoppable fan of luxury boutique hotels, I did not want to stay in the Tulum Beach area full of crowded resorts. That’s when I found Tulum’s best-kept secret: Hotel Tiki Tiki. This small luxury 15-bedroom boutique hotel is located in the middle of the jungle in Tulum Town. The area is called Holistika, a carefully planned residential community surrounded by nature and focused on yoga and wellness. Tiki Tiki Hotel Tulum is designed in a Miami Beach Mid-Century Style, that will make you wish you were born back in the 50’s!
Hotel Tiki Tiki Tulum is one of Tulum’s best-kept secrets
After a welcome drink at the bar, let the staff guide you to one of the spacious comfortable rooms. Every room has a great design with an eye for details, such as a hammock and exceptionally remarkable floor tiles. Furthermore, every room has a balcony or terrace, and both a fan and air conditioning.
- A standard Double room starts from ca. 110 EUR per night.
- Breakfast is not included in the price of the room and costs ca. 11 EUR pp.
- The hotel is located at 7 km from the Tulum beach area. You can either go by (rental) car, by (rental) (motor)bike, or by taxi. There is parking space at whatever beach club you choose.
- Swimming pool with hammock area.
- My recommendation? Choose a room with jungle view!
- If you are not sure how to get to the beach and which area to choose: ask the reception, they have a map.
- You can find more information on the website of Tiki Tiki Hotel Tulum