Hotel Indigo is a brand new hotel in the most lively and storied village in Bali: Seminyak. The hotel opened its doors in July 2017 and succeeded in capturing both the ancient and modern zeitgeist of Seminyak in all its color, energy and tradition. It combines the best of both worlds: a peaceful retreat right next to the beach and in the middle of the buzzing village.
Hotel Indigo has 289 rooms (270 rooms and 19 private villas) and extends across 4,7 hectares of lush, landscaped grounds, including exotic plantings and beautiful vertical gardens.
The lobby – aka the Neighbourhood Gallery – is captivating. As soon as you enter, you feel like stepping into a different place, where serenity rules. You will be captivated by Balinese Subak-inspired wall structures, meticulously put verdant foliage, unique outdoor artworks and water fountains with fire torches. Signature geometrical lines grace the resort at the entrance; canopies and walls are the creative interpretation of the traditional Balinese weaving textile (Tenun Songket). The best of modern and traditional Balinese design are seamlessly integrated, with fashion and luxury as fil rouge throughout the whole hotel.
Hotel Indigo’s 270 spacious rooms and suites are stylishly appointed with a mix of locally influenced design touches. Every guestroom is fitted with daybeds, plush bedding spa-inspired bathrooms and state-of-the-art features. In addition, there are 19 villas with private outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and marble bathrooms – all inspired by the Tri Hita Karana philosophy (one’s relationship with Gods, living beings and the earth). Each villa is planned like a Balinese house, consisting of three main areas: Nista Mandala (a space for residents to embrace the Gods), Madya Mandala (a space to be at one with nature) and Utama Mandala (a space for interpersonal relations).
The Wangsa One-bedroom Pool Villa is a unique experience. Built within the lush enclave under the palm trees inspired by the Balinese traditional village or Banjar, this private villa is designed as a hideaway home for couples. Imagine 300 square meters filled with a private swimming pool, whirlpool, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, open-air living/dining room and a private, all secluded within a walled tropical garden. During the private check-in service at the villa you will be welcomed with a fresh juice and (real story) a traditional Hindu cleansing ceremony in order to chase away the bad spirits before entering the village.
- Makase is Hotel Indigo’s neighborhood café, contemporary yet casual with an open kitchen serving colorful local flavors for breakfast and dinner. Make sure you try out Opur seafood (Indigo’s version of red seafood Laksa, usually enjoyed for special occasions or celebrations in the local community), Honey Chilli Glazed Chicken Satay and the Papaya salad (with a dressing from local citrus fruit, ginger, soy and palm sugar to create a refreshing flavor)!
- Pottery Café is open all day with a finely curated collection of local specialty coffees, teas and chocolates, alongside freshly made pastries. It also has its own coffee roasting machine and offers pottery-making workshops.
- Organic artisan bar by day and speakeasy cocktail bar by night, the Tree Bar offers healthy and bespoke refreshments within a gorgeously verdant space.
- Soon Hotel Indigo will open its signature dining restaurant right next to the beach: Salon Bali. It will feature the island’s traditional delicacy – babi guling, or suckling pig – and you will be able to enjoy 8- or 12-course menus.
What to do
- The Ngurah Rai International Airport is located at 5 km from the hotel;
- Fashionable bars and restaurants everywhere in the neighborhood;
- Cycling tour through Seminyak (free bicycles available in the hotel);
- The area is popular for surfing, also for beginners such as us! We took an afternoon class at JR Surf School. If you are looking for a personal approach with someone teaching you every step, this is a good tip. Careful with so-called “private surf teachers” stopping you from the moment you enter the beach and asking way too much. We paid 600.000 IDR (ca. 38 EUR) for two people – ca. 3 hours.
- Seminyak has a vibrant shopping scene with the most creative designs in the region. Think inventive boutiques, eclectic bars and the most cutting-edge beach clubs with comprehensive cocktail menus;
- Canggu is a 15 minutes drive to the north;
- Tanah Lot temple is a 45 minutes drive away.
[edgtf_highlight background_color=”#D8D8D8″ color=”#FFFFFF”]Practical:[/edgtf_highlight]
- Address Hotel Indigo: JI.Camplung Tanduk, No. 10 Seminyak, Bali
- Part of IHG
- A classic double room costs 434 EUR per night; a Wangsa One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool costs 899 EUR per night.
- More information and bookings: www.seminyak.hotelindigo.com