Mövenpick opened its very first resort in Bali in January 2017. Inspired by the traditional 5 elements of Balinese design and reflecting the natural wonder of the region, the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran is an idyllic heaven. Set amid meandering pools and lush landscaped gardens, this hotel is located at only 100m from Jimbaran beach. It is without any doubt that, in this hotel, I had a few of my best experiences in Bali. Read all about my best Balinese breakfast, my best Balinese massage and my best Balinese seafood barbecue further in this article!
My 2 highlights of the hotel? First of all, Hotel Mövenpick Jimbaran has a very large swimming pool with an artificial beach area, a lap swimming pool and even 2 separate kids pools with waterslides, offering a total of 2500 sqm of pure water fun. You can opt for a sunbed close to the pool or rather in the (quieter) garden area. Although it is a large pool area, the staff is always friendly and smiling and they take good care of you. Every now and then, they even pass by with complimentary fresh towels or fruit snacks.
Second, the hotel has a brand new spa that reflects the vast Balinese and Indonesian spa and beauty culture. Guided by a more holistic way of life, Arkipela Spa weaves age-old recipes and customs handed down from generation to generation to create hand-crafted remedies from local fruits, herbs, and roots. First, you get to choose between 4 different massage oils, and then you are guided through a long and impressive hallway. The interior reflects true Indonesian heritage, paying homage to the diverse cultures around the archipelago with a blend of traditional textiles, patterns and contemporary artworks. You can consult with the therapists in order to decide which remedies are best suited to bring out your natural radiance, in combination with ancient therapies that include soothing massages, detoxifying wraps and nutrient-rich masks. I chose the Traditional Sasak Massage, incorporating long strokes, stretching, acupressure, skin rolling and aromatherapy. The best massage I had in Bali!
Actually, the hotel stands out for its family-friendly approach. Next to several family activities, Hotel Mövenpick Jimbaran offers:
- On-Demand Baby Essentials you can borrow from the hotel;
- Power Bites: fun, healthy meals for kids. Even at the breakfast buffet, kids have their own buffet corner with tailor-made food;
- Little Birds Club, with activities for children from 2-12 years like cooking classes and a library;
- Family-friendly services, like babysitting and kids TV channels;
- Room package, offering sizeable discounts in spacious accommodation and kids eat for free.
Hotel Mövenpick Jimbaran features 297 tastefully furnished accommodation rooms and suites. All rooms include air-conditioning, modern bathrooms, balcony/terrace and complimentary WiFi. You can choose between a Classic room, a Classic room with pool view, a Junior Suite, a Family room, a Family room with pool view, a Premium Suite and a Jimbaran Pool Suite.
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali offers an array of five-star dining options throughout the resort for you to enjoy:
- Head to Above Eleven Bali located on the rooftop of the resort to experience spectacular sunset views, contemporary cocktails and fine Peruvian-Japanese cuisine.
- You can also enjoy Swiss-style artisanal ice creams, Mövenpick coffee and local chocolate specialties at the Mövenpick Cafe. Like in every Mövenpick hotel, guests can enjoy the complimentary chocolate fountain and cookies/cakes between 4-5 PM.
- Unwind with mouth-watering food and drinks throughout the day at Anarasa: you will find live cooking stations, a Robata grill and an international à la carte menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are a breakfast lover such as me (it’s the most important meal of the day, right?), this breakfast buffet will leave you in awe! Next to fresh Indonesian and international warm dishes, they have an egg station, an in-house bakery with home-made pastries and bread, a gluten-free station, a veggie station where you can press your own fruit/vegetable juice, and of course the famous Mövenpick ice cream… You wanted to try everything from the buffet and now you have had too much? No worries, there is a 24-hour gym in the resort.
Every Monday and Thursday you can try out the delicious seafood barbecue on the hotel’s beach in the center of the pool area. Get ready for an array of fresh seafood, grilled veggies, salad and a selection of finger-licking barbecue sauces! I can assure you, they grill the best king prawns I tasted in whole Bali! Furthermore, at 8 PM, the hotel hosts a traditional Balinese dance show given by beautifully dressed dancers. Count 348K IDR per person (ca.22 EUR).
[edgtf_highlight background_color=”#D8D8D8″ color=”#FFFFFF”]Practical:[/edgtf_highlight]
- Address: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali I Jalan Wanagiri No.1 I Jimbaran
- You can book a Classic room starting from 1.7800.000 IDR (ca. 112 EUR) per night, including the most extensive and delicious breakfast buffet you have ever seen!
- They offer a pick-up service to/from the airport for 150K IDR (ca. 10 EUR), which is a 15-minutes drive.
- More information and booking: www.movenpick.com/jimbaran
What to do in the neighborhood?
- Uluwatu: one of the most famous Balinese temples with even more stunning Cliffside views of the Indian Ocean.
- The Rock Bar: part of the Ayana resort, you can reach this renowned bar via the Cliffside inclinator. Expect stunning sunset views and cliffside views of the Indian Ocean. Although they say the (VIP) Round Deck is the best spot, you better book a table on the upper deck facing the Round Deck: this is the real thing!
- El Kabron Beach club: the ideal afternoon hangout spot, including swimming pool, marvelous sunset views and delicious Spanish tapas.
- Padang Padang beach: one of Bali’s most famous surf spots; it has a 100 meters sandy beach in between the cliffs. Expect a picture-perfect beach but also an entrance fee and lots of tourists.
- Cuca Restaurant: this amazing restaurant is famous thanks to ex-El Bulli chef Kevin Cherkas and his excellent cuisine. His carefully conceived dishes meant to be shared, will make your taste buds explode! (Address: Jl. Yoga Perkanthi, Jimbaran).